Egg Donation in China –
Everything You Need to Know
China is a major center for egg donation and assisted reproductive technologies. If you are considering donating your eggs in China, here is what you need to know. Egg donation in China is a process where a woman donates her eggs to another person or couple. The eggs are then used to help someone else conceive a child. This process is often used by couples who are struggling to conceive a child on their own.
Here, in this article, we’ll tell you about:
- Cost of egg donation in China
- What are the eligibility criteria for egg donors in China?
- What are the benefits of egg donation in China?
Costs of egg donation in China?
While the costs of egg donation vary depending on the country, in China the average cost is around 10,000 yuan (US$1,500). This includes the cost of the donor’s medical screening, the donor’s cycle medications, and the cost of the egg retrieval procedure. There are also additional costs for egg storage if needed.
What are the eligibility criteria for egg donors in China?
In order to become an egg donor in China, a candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be between the ages of 20 and 35
- be in good health and have no history of major illness
- have a college degree or be currently enrolled in college
- have a healthy BMI
- not be a smoker or heavy smoker
- not be taking medication that could affect fertility
- agree to undergo a psychological evaluation
- agree to undergo fertility testing
If a potential donor meets all of the eligibility criteria, she will then be required to complete an application form and provide her medical history.
Also, an egg donor in China cannot sell her eggs. She can only donate up to three times.
What are the benefits of egg donation in China?
Egg donation in China is becoming more popular as couples are increasingly choosing to have only one child. For many couples, the decision to use an egg donor is a difficult one, but there are many benefits to using an egg donor in China. Some of the benefits of egg donation include:
- Increased chance of pregnancy – When using an egg donor, the chance of getting pregnant increases significantly.
- Increased chance of having a healthy baby – using an egg donor increases the chance of having a healthy baby.
- Increased chance of getting pregnant with a desired gender – When using an egg donor, you have a higher chance of getting pregnant with a child of the desired gender.
- Increased privacy – Unlike in-vitro fertilization (IVF), using an egg donor allows you to keep your fertility treatments confidential.
- Reduced cost – Egg donation is often less expensive than IVF.
- No need for hormone therapy – Egg donors do not need to undergo hormone therapy, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Reduced chance of miscarriage – Using an egg donor decreases the chance of miscarriage.
- Easier than using donor sperm – When using an egg donor, you do not need to use donor sperm, which can be difficult to find.
- Convenient – Egg donation is a convenient way to get pregnant.
Egg donation in China is a major procedure, and it is important to be well-informed about the process before you decide to go ahead with it. By understanding the process and the risks involved, you can make an informed decision about whether this is the right choice for you.
Additionally, with some of the most advanced medical facilities in the world located in the UK, surrogacy is a real possibility for those who want to have children. Although there is a sizable surrogacy market in China, clinics are constrained in their use of assisted reproductive technologies. Our track record of success gives us the assurance that we can deliver the desired results, and surrogacy can offer assistance and support in the UK.