Surrogacy for Heterosexual couples in Russia
Russia is frequently considered as a top surrogacy destination for most international couples seeking to achieve their parental goals through surrogacy. While the surrogacy legislation only allows surrogacy for heterosexual couples in Russia, the couple must also show their inability to conceive while furnishing a list of medical documents and credentials.
Russia’s surrogacy legislation
Surrogacy is legal in Russia, according to the requirements of the “Federal Law On Fundamentals of Health Protection of Citizens of the Russian Federation,” which was released in 2012.
According to Russian legislation, any couple (local or international) is authorized to participate in gestational surrogacy if they meet the following criteria:
- Only gestational surrogacy in Russia is permitted, and the surrogate mother in Russia must use the eggs from the intended mother or the egg donor to conceive.
- The couple or the intended mother must present a medical cause, as well as all required reports and proofs, to support their decision to pursue surrogacy in Russia.
What are the qualifications for becoming a Russian surrogate mother?
A surrogate mother must meet the following criteria, according to section 10 of Article 55 of Russian Federation law on health protection normative:
- Aged 20–35 years with good mental and physical health
- Having at least one child of her own without any medical complications
- Obtaining permission from her husband to participate in the surrogacy program Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and routine without any alcohol or smoking addiction
- Willing to undergo a list of tests and diagnosis to ascertain her medical and psychological health
- Willing to enter into a legal contract with the intended parents while abiding to every related element and aspects
- Willing to follow all the recommendations and advise of the concerned fertility doctor from the surrogacy clinic in Russia
What is the procedure for egg donation in Russia?
Bringing an egg donor or an egg donor agency from Russia on board is acceptable in all circumstances given the expecting mother cannot utilize her own eggs (due to specific infertility concerns). A single woman desiring a child through surrogacy, on the other hand, does not have the same option.
Only two egg donor profiles are permitted in Russia, according to Russian surrogacy law:
Anonymous donor: The identity of the egg donor is kept hidden from the intended parents, with the exception of a few physical characteristics and, in certain circumstances, images of the egg donor.
Known donors: In this case, both parties are already acquainted with one another, and it usually applies to gestational surrogacy Russia arrangements involving close friends and family members.
It’s worth noting that the majority of surrogacy agencies in Russia provide anonymous egg donation procedures.
How much does surrogacy for heterosexual couples cost in Russia?
Taking into account all of the aforementioned factors, the cost of surrogacy for heterosexual couples in Russia would be between $35,000 and $55,000.
If pregnancy is not obtained after the first IVF attempt, numerous pregnancies, pre-term birth, C-section, and so on, the same cost may vary. Besides, the cost would also go high in case an egg donor or sperm donor is being utilized to achieve the desired result.
Why choose Surrogacy for Heterosexual couples in Russia?
- Intended parents must know that among third-world countries, Russia is the most developed. Even in low-income groups, the overall health quality and nutritional availability are beneficial.
- High-quality IVF programs are accessible at more inexpensive pricing not just in Russia’s capital, but also in smaller clinics.
- Russia is a country that encourages surrogacy. With merely the name of Commission Parents, acquiring a baby’s birth certificate is simple. There is no need for a judicial order.
- In Russia, affordability is combined with reasonable IVF and surrogacy costs.
- There is a huge database of Caucasian egg donors available, as well as the possibility of employing Asian-origin egg donors.
- PGD is allowed for gender selection.
- The procedure of bringing a newborn home is quite swift and rapid
How can we help?
At Surrogacy Consultancy, we are an expert team of surrogacy professionals with all the big experience and knowledge in the ART domain. If you are an intended parent looking for the best surrogacy agency in Russia, please contact one of our client coordinators for a free consultation today!
We believe in using the most advanced medical technology while still emphasizing a patient-centered approach and flexibility. Aside from that, Russia’s favorable surrogacy statute makes it legal and safe. To provide full support, we work with a local partner egg donor and surrogacy agency in Moscow to provide end-to-end assistance.